Honens International Piano Competition: Corporate Development Associate
- Posted by Honens on June 15th, 2012
Canada’s Honens International Piano Competition seeks a Corporate Development Associate who will renew current corporate sponsors, identify new prospects, cultivate relationships, and solicit gifts from Corporations and Corporate Foundations.
This is a six month contract position (possibly renewable) starting in the summer of 2012. The Corporate Development Associate is charged with managing a portfolio of existing corporate donors and actively seeking new funding
The Honens Competition awards the largest prize in the world of international music competitions – $100,000 and an artistic and career development program valued at a half million dollars. The Seventh Competition culminates in
Semifinals and Finals from October 17 to 26, 2012 in Calgary. Honens has a $5.8 million budget for its three-year cycle. The organization is experiencing rapid growth in its activities and its profile. Reporting to President & Artistic Director Stephen McHolm, the Corporate Development Associate needs to be comfortable in working with volunteers in
assisting with the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of prospective corporate sponsors and donors.
The Corporate Development Associate will:
- Steward existing funders through regular and timely communication
- Renew and grow revenue with existing sponsors by exploring new options
- Work with relevant staff on proposals, stewardship and recognition programs and reports
- Establish new relationships and new sources of funding
- Participate in fund-raising and stewardship events as needed.
- A university degree in music/arts and/or business management or equivalent experience;
- A minimum of three years’ experience of progressively responsible experience in fund-raising, particularly in the area of sponsorship;
- Ability to inspire trust and confidence in stakeholders;
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (oral/written) skills;
- Knowledge of the performing arts, particularly classical music;
- Financial and budgeting abilities, strong research and organizational skills as well as exceptional attention to detail.
Starting Date: August/September 2012.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits package.
Deadline for applications: Friday, July 13, 2012.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume with a list of references and salary requirements in confidence to:
Genovese, Vanderhoof & Associates
77 Carlton Street, Suite 1103
Toronto, ON M5B 2J7