Part-Time Employment with Visual Arts Alberta
- Posted by Visual Arts Alberta on August 2nd, 2012
Visual Arts Alberta is offering a part-time employment position in Calgary!
JOB OPPORTUNITY: Communication Assistant
About the Position: Beginning September 2012 and working in Calgary, the Communication Assistant liaises with members of ACADSA and brings forward their issues to Visual Arts Alberta (head office located in Edmonton) by email, telephone and in person. The Communication Assistant assists with the implementation of professional development activities in the city of Calgary and at ACAD, and collects and posts information from southern Alberta to the various communication & social media outlets of Visual Arts Alberta.
Visual Arts Alberta Association is located on the third floor of 10215 112 Street in Edmonton and is the Provincial Arts Service Organization for the Visual Arts in Alberta. In the province of Alberta, Visual Arts Alberta manages CARFAC in association with CARFAC National.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communication Assistant is responsible for:
• Liaising with members of ACADSA and Visual Arts Alberta’s executive director, staff, board and committees
• Administrative duties as required
• Communication (input data to social media & websites)
• Assistance in the implementation of all Visual Arts Alberta programs in Calgary
• Superior time management skills
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Commitment to working as part of a team
• Strong interpersonal skills and sound judgment
• Professional client relationship skills
The Assistant to the Director is a seasonal part time contract position (30 hours per month and starting at $13.00 per hour). Hours of work would be established by the employee in consultation with the Executive Director of Visual Arts Alberta. Some weekend and evening work would be required in addition to regular hours of noon – 2pm on Wednesdays, working at ACAD.
Interested applicants can email their resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 10th, 2012 at 4pm. In the subject area of your email please write in Communication Assistant. Ideally the applicant would be a returning second or third year ACAD student.