- Posted January 18th, 2013
Calgary Arts Development is now accepting applications to InvestYYC, an exciting crowdfunding website exclusively for Calgary-based artists and arts organizations to raise funds, find volunteers and generate awareness. InvestYYC was developed as a legacy project of Calgary 2012 for Calgary's year as a Cultural Capital of Canada. The goal of InvestYYC is to provide a local, arts-focused opportunity for crowdfunding that allows Calgarians to invest both time and money into projects happening and created in our city.
The first monthly deadline is 4:30pm on Thursday, January 31st, 2013.
Please visit CalgaryArtsDevelopment.com/InvestYYC for full eligibility criteria, guidelines and application instructions.
- Posted January 10th, 2013
Calgary Arts Development's Operating Grant Program invests annually in Calgary-based, non-profit organizations driven by an arts mandate, with priority given to organizations that demonstrate high artistic and public impact while maintaining sound operations. The goal of the Operating Grant Program is to ensure that Calgary arts organizations have the opportunity to flourish in an environment with a stable base of resources. Organizations may allocate these funds to any area of their overall budget.
Organizations that received Operating Grants in 2012 are required to submit Extension Reports for 2013. Please note that the Operating Grant Program is closed to new applicants in 2013.
Calgary Arts Development's 2013 Operating Grant Program levels will remain consistent with the previous year, meaning funds and allocations for 2013 will reflect 2012's levels. Therefore, organizations currently funded through Calgary Art Development's Operating Grant Program will be unable to request increases to their 2013 grants. For this reason, the 2013 Operating Grant Program will NOT include peer assessment by a panel of artistic peers and community members. Organizations funded in 2012 can complete an Extension Report to receive the same funding for 2013 only, subject to the terms and conditions described here.
For further information, visit CalgaryArtsDevelopment.com/Operating_Grant.
Calgary Arts Development is pleased to announce the first intake of applications to InvestYYC; a crowdfunding website exclusively for Calgary-based artists and arts organizations to raise funds, find volunteers and generate awareness.
Applications to InvestYYC will be accepted and assessed on a monthly basis. The first application deadline is Thursday, January 31, 2013. Guidelines and application will be available following the info sessions listed below.
Interested applicants are encouraged to attend an InvestYYC info session on one of the following dates:
Monday, January 14, 1:00pm - 2:30pm
Thursday, January 17, 6:00pm - 7:30pm
Both sessions will take place in the Calgary Arts Development Arts Co-Lab in Art Central (L12, 100 7th Ave. SW).
Info sessions will provide details about how to apply and how to make your project successful on InvestYYC. Please RSVP below:
- Posted December 21st, 2012
Submission Deadline: 4:00pm on January 24, 2013
- Arts Plan Report Design (by May 27, 2013)
- Calgary’s Arts Plan is the long-term strategy for arts development and investment in Calgary and a legacy of Calgary's year as a Cultural Capital of Canada. The successful applicant will design a report, for print and online use, that will communicate the results of the Arts Plan process. For additional information, visit ArtsPlan.ca.
- Accountability Report Design (by May 20, 2013)
- Calgary Arts Development’s Accountability Report is produced annually as an overview of the organization’s activities and achievements. The successful applicant will design the report for print and online use. For past examples, visit CalgaryArtsDevelopment.com/Publications.
- Other Design (as needed from February - June 2013)
- The successful applicant may be required to design smaller-scale items such as postcards, web graphics, etc.
- Refresh of Calgary Arts Development Identity and Brand (TENTATIVE - by September 30, 2013)
- The successful applicant will work to refresh the Calgary Arts Development identity and brand by providing the following services:
- Creation of Calgary Arts Development brand story;
- Creation of refreshed Calgary Arts Development logo;
- Alignment of CalgaryArtsDevelopment.com to refreshed identity;
- Creation of templates to align future print materials (reports, documents) to refreshed identity;
- Alignment of sub-brands and programs to refreshed identity (CalgaryCulture.com, Arts Champions Congress, Calgary Poet Laureate, LiveRush);
- Posted December 17th, 2012
The Cultural Leaders Legacy Artist Awards were established by Calgary 2012 and its co-chairs, Doug and Lois Mitchell, with the intention of creating a legacy of Calgary's year as a Cultural Capital of Canada. Each Cultural Leader Legacy Artist Award is supported jointly by a donor and Calgary 2012.
Each award recipient will receive a $5,000 cash award. Award recipients will be announced at the Mayor's Lunch for Arts Champions on Thursday, February 21, 2013.
Nominations are invited in the following award categories. Please see the linked award guidelines and nomination forms for further details. Read more »